Posted October 18, 2013

World Series schedule announced

MLB
With one more win, the Red Sox will earn a trip to the World Series, which begins on Wednesday. (Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

With one more win, the Red Sox will earn a trip to the World Series. (Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

The participants in the 2013 World Series are yet to be determined. The Cardinals hold a 3-2 lead over the Dodgers in the NLCS heading into Game 6 on Friday night. The Red Sox lead the Tigers, 3-2, in the ALCS going into Game 6 on Saturday.

But on Friday, MLB released the schedule for the 109th Fall Classic.

All of the games will be broadcast on FOX, and the American League will have home-field advantage due to its 3-0 win in the All-Star Game.

CORCORAN: NLCS Game 6 preview

Game 1: NL @ AL, Oct. 23, airtime 7:30 p.m. ET, game 8:07

Game 2: NL @ AL, Oct. 24, airtime 7:30 p.m. ET, game 8:07

Game 3: AL @ NL, Oct. 26, airtime 7:30 p.m. ET, game 8:07

Game 4: AL @ NL, Oct. 27, airtime 8 p.m. ET, game 8:15

*Game 5: AL @ NL, Oct. 28, airtime 7:30 p.m. ET, game 8:07

*Game 6: NL @ AL, Oct. 30, airtime 7:30 p.m. ET, game 8:07

*Game 7: NL @ AL, Oct. 31, airtime 7:30 p.m. ET, game 8:07

10 comments
rbeane1956
rbeane1956

Come on There are young kids who would like to watch a game or two this is stupid!

Dave C
Dave C

Go Cards!  We want Boston!  Redemption for 2004 and all those Red Sox on steroids.

John02169
John02169

If the Sox make I will have to stock up on 5 hour energy drinks.   It will be another two weeks of 5 hours of sleep.

sammymac827
sammymac827

@rbeane1956 There were days where the WS would begin after 9. What are you complaining about? What time do you want something this special to begin, at 1 like it's the 1960s all over again?

aaron.schlesinger
aaron.schlesinger

@Dave C It wasn't steriods (Yankee fan here so believe me I deal with it all the time.) The Cards just ran into a buzz saw of total motivation.  After achieving what they did versus who they did and the way they did, there was no chance in hell any of the other 29 teams could've beaten the Red Sox in a series that year.

That being said, for the love of God, GO CARDINALS! Heheh

John02169
John02169

and if the Red Sox don't make it I will only be watching till 10:30.

John02169
John02169

@sammymac827  I don't  know what time you get up, but my alarm goes off at 5:00 am.   Both my wife and I have to be at work around 7.  But now it looks like a long, yet good, week of baseball.